Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?

Go down 
+12
xRage93x
Neoplayer2
Jerk
Trogdor
SafetyFist
ICEMAN
Grrrnade
Blaeu
SA_X_mk2
Slaya
Pure
Ryudo Dragoon
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Empty
PostSubject: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:57 pm

I think this gun is more powerful than the SR, it seems to get kills a lot easier, but it can cause the occasional suicide. :S
Back to top Go down
http://bunneh.darkbb.com
Pure
TPC Launcher
TPC Launcher
Pure

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Best Weapon in the game IMO. You can pen people that are hiding behind cover, it even a sniper rifle when charged.
Back to top Go down
Slaya
Strike Rifle
Strike Rifle
Slaya

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 pm

I love this weapon and I to agree that it's the best weapon in the game.
Back to top Go down
SA_X_mk2
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4
SA_X_mk2

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 pm

When mastered, I'd say it's the best.
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 pm

This is a great weapon, but it is far from "best" in game. With no scope AND having to charge to be at its strongest, I give it top tier, but not at the top.

When playing with good people, most battles are done in long range. Getting up close is just too dangerous with Frags and Flashes so easy to spam.

The WP appears in three sets: Drudge, Chargeable, and Close Combat.

In Drudge there is rarely a time when you would use the WP over the SR or USP. I mean, how many times do you make a special trip to get the WP?

In Chargeable it has the same problem. Except now it competes with the Deatomizer in addition to the SR. The SR is "good enough" where you never need to hunt the WP down to use it.

Finally, in Close Combat you start with it. This is really the only weapon set it gets any play in. There is good reason for this as well, you start with it. The MP5 is a good weapon, but is rarely a better pick than the WP. Minus the Carbonzier, you have a TCP Launcher and SPAS. The WP is the only long range weapon in the set and up close it can beat the SPAS, you just better not miss.
Back to top Go down
Grrrnade
Scientist
Scientist
Grrrnade

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:26 pm

i say middle tier. it not great but not bad either
Back to top Go down
Pure
TPC Launcher
TPC Launcher
Pure

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:27 am

I have no problem with it not having a scope, I can still snipe better than using a SR. Even even it's not charged it's still a beast.
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:33 pm

I would say somewhere in the middle just because i cant use it well.
Back to top Go down
SafetyFist
Strike Rifle
Strike Rifle
SafetyFist

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:20 am

I'd say it's amazing. At long range it is beaten by other weapons, but it is very deadly at close-mid. So many times have i been instantly killed just getting hit by the charged the second i walk into a doorway. In tight areas the ricochets will almost always connect, and in other situations just aim the charged more at the ground and they will bounce back up. The shots seem to travel more slowly than some of the other weapons, but that is easily overcome.
Back to top Go down
Trogdor
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:22 am

The WP can be very stratigic. The cluster of bullets from the fully charged shot can kill your target if they are 1-shot, or if they run for cover you can bounce the bullets off the wall to kill them. It is good for close range since it can be a 1-shot kill, one of my favorite weapons.
Back to top Go down
Jerk
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 am

TEC never used the warp pistol with the intention of directly hitting someone. They used the charge up shot's 8 or so bullet radius to spash off the ground 3 feet from me to kill me. It worked x_x
Back to top Go down
Neoplayer2
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
Neoplayer2

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:38 pm

I dislike the Warp Pistol, I geuss it's just not my kinda gun. :/
Back to top Go down
xRage93x
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Warp Pistol is a great weapon due to the fact that you can charge it up and bounce it off walls. The only time it really isn't that great is if you face laggy people that don't like getting hit by charged shots... which leaves you with only the little shots against them. Suspect

The only time you'd want to use this weapon is if the opponent is backed up into a corner

WP= Amazing if you hit with the charged shot
WP=Bad if you miss with it and then get hit by the bouncing bullets which alwas makes me half health at the most.
Back to top Go down
Randall
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:14 pm

i hate the weapon, it is my weakness Sad
Back to top Go down
Mormon
MP5
MP5

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Amazing. I ALWAYS try to get it.
Back to top Go down
Kel
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 pm

I might as well just nade myself if I'm gonna use it
Back to top Go down
SA_X_mk2
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4
SA_X_mk2

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 pm

I love it with the CQC weapon set, but unless you can almost guarantee a headshot insta-kill or the rebound insta-kill, you'll have to be careful. As Ryudo can confirm, an inexperienced Warp Pistol user will die fast against a decent MP5 user.

It may not be the best weapon, but I still think it's damned fun to use. XD
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:19 pm

I've been practicing with the warp pistol and now i call it amazing. i'd still rather have a strike rifle though
Back to top Go down
That Guy
MP5
MP5
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:35 pm

it's apretty nifty weapon, i really only use it for shooting around corners though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?   Warp Pistol, amazing or crap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warp Pistol, amazing or crap?
Page 1 of 1