Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

Your favorite Wiiware game?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

Your favorite Wiiware game? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:40 pm

What's your favorite wiiware game and why?

im planning on getting the internet channel and then 1 wiiware game. So what should i get?
Back to top Go down
dennis1012
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm

overturn mylife as darklord bombarman waterwarfare
is what i have all great also wii browser was free XD

wiiware.nintendolife.com/reviews
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 pm

ah thanks ill look at those
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:54 pm

I have not gotten a wiiware game but some look good but I cant really help you sorry
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:51 am

ok, im thinking of water warfare or world of goo. they look good
Back to top Go down
KainWind
Hive Cannon
Hive Cannon
KainWind

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:29 am

FFIV: The After Years is great if you played and liked the original. I've had a lot of fun with it. Although if you're not into FF, then I wouldn't recommend it.
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:24 pm

btw i decided not to get a wiiware game as internet channel is now free. thanks for the input though everyone
Back to top Go down
Neoplayer2
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
Neoplayer2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Hmm, Kain...if I haven't yet played FFIV yet (Gasps all around, I know), should I play The After Years? I like FF moderately, it's a pretty awesome series but I don't yet own one yet.
However, soon and very soon my lack of FF games will be remedied...hopefully.

Edit: WHAT!?!?! INTERNET CHANNEL IS FREE!?!? I payed like 300 or however many points for it! I better get mah points back. >_<
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:43 pm

you get a free NES game if you bought the internet channel for points now
Back to top Go down
Neoplayer2
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
Neoplayer2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Yeah, I saw that on Nintendo's page just now...good. I'm definitely getting an internet modem sooner. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KainWind
Hive Cannon
Hive Cannon
KainWind

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 pm

@Neoplayer, I would recommend playing the original FFIV first (version doesn't matter) if you can. A lot of what makes the game great is the nostalgia of seeing the old characters, and seeing all the new characters as well. I've already gotten over 100 hours on it and I'm not even done yet. This includes all the extra stuff in each chapter. It costs $37 for the whole thing plus extras, which is a great price for what I'm getting out of it.

Even if you can't play the original, you might still like it. The game doesn't exactly follow the storyline of the original. It makes many references, and gives little background to the older characters (although there are various flashbacks to the original that you may not recognize), but you can still figure it out well enough. As I said, the story is new, with new enemies. It also adds some interesting new mechanics to the game that keeps it interesting and requires you to use strategy a bit more. I think the diifficulty level is bumped up a bit because of this.

Overall, I think it has a great story and is a lot of fun. So if you like other FF games, especially the 2D games, I would definitely recommend it. The first part of the main story is 800 points, so if you want to try it out first you can buy that.
Back to top Go down
Neoplayer2
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
Neoplayer2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:40 pm

$37 USD!? Dang, that's a long shot from the usual $7 USD for SNES games.
However, in all fairness, I suppose it's not a SNES game, so yeah...but I dislike the episodic nature of it. That's kind of annoying, paying for episodes.

EDIT: I assume by "$" you mean the USD, if you mean the Canadian Dollar, then that's like $45 USD or similiar.
Hmm...Based on what you say, I might just check it out, or at least just try the first episode and see if I enjoy it enough to progress with the story. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
KainWind
Hive Cannon
Hive Cannon
KainWind

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Ok, cool. I did mean USD sorry if there was any confusion, but yeah, you should definitely try it if you don't mind the initial $8. As I said, I have gotten a lot of hours out of it for the price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Wiiware game?   Your favorite Wiiware game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Wiiware game?
Page 1 of 1