Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

The SPAS

Go down 
+2
Krimbo
Blaeu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am

Preface: I posted this on GFAQs as well, but I wanted to start to get more threads going on this board as this is an awesome board. /Preface.

When I first started playing the SPAS was one of my favorite weapons. An easy OSKO or an easy kill when followed with a melee. I owned with this gun.

Then the Shotgun Cancel came around. At this point I started to hate the gun. Everyone was using the cancel and it made it hard for me to get close enough to kill them when they are starting to shoot me from half a screen away. This actually forced me to play a little smarter and I became sneaky, like a ninja.

However, I then started to play some good people. They are not stupid enough to get close to me with a SPAS. I had to start to lure them into range to kill them. That is not easy though, so I stopped using it again. I faced a few friends that did use the cancel so I finally gave in and started using it myself. Well, I started owning with the SPAS again. I no longer had to get them into such a close range before I fired. The SPAS has returned to power!

Then, I realized that this almighty SPAS had not returned to power, I had just gotten much better at the game. Sure the SPAS is still strong, but I learned how to predict movement, position myself, and use the SPAS effectively. Sure the cancel was nice if I missed, but I didn't need to use it to kill again.

Finally, another realization hit. People are not stupid, at least not the ones I play with. Even with a cancel, unless you surprise them they will just back away from you and head shot you more quickly. Using the SPAS as a primary weapon became my downfall, and people expected me to use it. It was my "expelliarmus," just more deadly.

My point, the SPAS is not a great weapon. It is over hyped and over used. If you are a skilled player and can get into close range, the SPAS will be awesome for you. A skilled player can make the SPAS a very powerful weapon, but a skilled player can make any weapon powerful.

The player makes the weapon, the weapon does not make the player.
Back to top Go down
Krimbo
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:06 am

Very philosophical, Blue. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grrrnade
Scientist
Scientist
Grrrnade

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:51 am

awesome Blue and hilarious harry potter reference
Back to top Go down
Pure
TPC Launcher
TPC Launcher
Pure

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:51 am

The SPAS is broken, "AT"'s are cheap. I switched reload to a button and now I can unload 8 shots in 2-3 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am

Do you really consider the SPAS to be broken though? Even with the AT, when can you kill someone (good) more easily than if you were using a USP (Human), SCAR (Near / Far) or the Warp Pistol (Close Combat)?

You are able to kill at a greater range, but that does not really benefit you, does it? The AT does allow for a very quick second shot which I feel is the only time you need to use it, to finish someone off.
Back to top Go down
Pure
TPC Launcher
TPC Launcher
Pure

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:27 am

I wish this game had the Halo 1 pistol.
Back to top Go down
Grrrnade
Scientist
Scientist
Grrrnade

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 pm

halo 1pistol was godly my friend made fun of me for using the pistol instead of the assault rifle
Back to top Go down
Foster
SCAR
SCAR
Foster

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm

I only like the SPAS because I suck with the SCAR.

Against weaker players, I can go 20-3 with the shotty, but against guys like you, I end up 3-20. Nuff said Mad
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:58 pm

I cant aim at all witth the spas and my cancel is pretty slow relod - melee + So i dont use it too much
Back to top Go down
Grrrnade
Scientist
Scientist
Grrrnade

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:53 pm

i rarely use the shotgun anymore since most times i get people to miss with the first shot but i have my SCAR lined up with their face so i kill them before they fire the second shot. if they are cancelling i might die too but still i killed them
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:35 pm

ive been practicing with the spas lately and ive gotten A LOT better but its still overrated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The SPAS Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SPAS   The SPAS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The SPAS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blaeu's Awesome Posse :: The Conduit :: Discussion-
Jump to: