Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Empty
PostSubject: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:57 am

Hi everyone i just joined the posse. Well i thought of a way to have friendly fire on in team matches.

It actually has to do with FFA. You use FFA so that you can hurt your teammates.

Basically you decide teams beforehand and fight like normal. Afterwards you add up the kills and deaths and decide who won. It works best in 2v2s and 3v3s

Next would be TO which is a little bit harder. You can only play single ASE style but it still works.

Its a little complicated. You have to play ASE football. Then you must have 1-2 nuetral players who follow the ASE around. Once a team brings it to thier base, They nuetral player must take it and then suicide at the middle of the map.

So thats just an idea for those people who enjoy TR and TO but want to have friendly fire on.

Thanks
Zach
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:50 am

It is a good idea, and we could probably try it sometimes, however I need to poke a few holes in it to see if you can patch them up.

1. In FFA you spawn everywhere, even in the "other team's base." This could make it hard for a team to hold a certain position.

2. Everyone would show up as an enemy on radar. It will be impossible to tell an enemy from a friend. Also, since there are no team colors, you'll really have to know who is on your team because it might take a second to figure out if you should shoot or not.

3. It will take some quick adding to figure out who is ahead. Knowing who is winning usually effects how aggressive your strategy is.

4. We would have to restrict who could join the game. If a new person joined, not only might they think it was a standard FFA, but even if they thought we were doing a team thing, they wouldn't know what team to play on.

If we can work some of this out, we could give it a shot.

OR, find a hacker and have them turn on "Team Kills" in the debug menu. That feature does exist in the game, but it was deactivated and hidden. Lame right?
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

blaeu, you have some very good points. i was thinking of some of them actually and will now address them

1) Spawning will probobly be the most difficult problem with my idea. I can't figure out a solution right away. Only thing i can say is to use a map that doesn't really have too many areas to control. I think infirmary would be the best but probobly others can do. The sanctum would probobly also be Ok probobly. Others could also work.

2) Enemy on radar shouldn't be too much of a problem. It adds to the gameplay i think. Anyway if its only 2v2 or 3v3 you should know where your partner(s) is/are. You have to know what your partners colors are and his skin and it adds a little more depth. You can't just run n gun carelessly it takes more skill i think. Also your wiispeak would be public so you have to be carefull what you say. It makes you think more and watch what you say. Overall i think it makes the game a little more challenging which is a good thing.

3)Adding really won't be a problem for most people. Its easy to quickly find out whos ahead. And if the winning/losing team is constantly changing, your stratage will probobly be the same. Theres enough time when you are spawning to quickly see. If you and your partner both have more killls then deaths, your team is winning. And with 4-6 people playing you can also hide for a sec and quickly add in your head. I don't beleive this would be a problem at all.

4) Other people joining will always happen no matter what. It could happen when you are playing a tourney, GB, or even just friendlies. The only real way to avoid it would be to create an alt that just adds fc for the match and then deletes them. Idk really what to say about this topic but i doubt it will be a serious problem

Thank you so much for replying so quickly and i hope we can play Team FFA soon or at least try it out.

Thanks for responding,
Zach
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Well, I do have alts for GB and restricted games.

Also, we should make teams before we play. Then, each person should make their own character color red, or blue. You could tell them apart when you see them.

**Big Problem Alert**

Yes, it allows for "team kills," however how are you supposed to keep track of that? If we were on a team and I killed you, I would still get a point for that. Even if you determined the winner by subtracting deaths from kills, I would not get penalized for kill you, in fact it is better that I kill you than an opponent.

In fact, it would be better that a teammate kill me than me committing suicide due to him getting a kill for it.

How would you score this type of team game?
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:09 pm

oo i did not see that. i will have to think about that
Back to top Go down
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Just get a friendly hacker to turn on Friendly Fire. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bunneh.darkbb.com
Jerk
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:11 am

What about those who use lockon? You will lock onto allies as well Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire   New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mode: TR and TO with Friendly fire
Page 1 of 1