Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying

Go down 
+8
.(Dot)
Prolific
GrapeJuice
incognito3
StarWolf
thezachster
Combo_Breaker
Blaeu
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Empty
PostSubject: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Welcome to the PU recruitment topic. Please read this entire thread before replying. Failure to do so may result in your reply being deleted.

You must meet the following requirements if you wish to tryout for PU.

1. You must have Wii Speak.* We use Wii Speak in every game we play.

*Due to a difference in opinion, if you do not have Wii Speak but meet all the other requirements and still feel like you can add to PU, you may tryout anyway.

2. PU does not war with grenades. You must be able to play without using a single grenade. No grenades are allowed in tryouts.

3. You must be good. There is no way to test this before you tryout, but we do not need average players. Please do not waste our time.

4. You need to be confident in your ability, but not arrogant. I don't care how good you are if you are afraid to take a chance.

5. You must be active. One of the main reasons we are recruiting is to make it easier for us to have a team together all at once.

6. You cannot lag or drop from games often. Some people will have slight lag, but we can see how it is in the tryout. If you are constantly being told you bounce around or go through walls, don't try out. If you drop from games often, we do not want you.

7. Finally, you must be chill, as in relaxed. We play to win, but we formed PU to have fun.

Assuming you can meet all of those requirements, please reply to this post and answer the following questions.

1. In your opinion, who are the best three clans?

2. Are you better at TR or TO and why.

3. What is your general availability (as in when can you play TCon)?

4. What is your best weapon and weapon set. What is your worst weapon and weapon set. Explain why.

5. List your best two maps and worst two maps. Explain Why.

6. Can you play as a team and follow orders given to you (the correct answer is yes, but an example would be nice)?

These questions are basically an application. If we like what we see, we will offer you a tryout. If we don't, we will explain what we don't like and see if there is a way to correct it.

The tryout process

If you are offered a tryout, you will play in at least one 1v1. You do not have to win, but we want to see how you play and what tactics you use.

You will play at least three 2v2 matches with Ryudo, Warr!0r, and me. We may end up playing more, but you will be on each one of our teams at least once.

Once your tryout has concluded, we will discuss your performance and get back to you the next day. You will either pass, fail, or require more testing.

As a final note, you only need to reply to this thread to officially express your interest in joining PU and to submit your application. If your application is accepted and you fail the tryout, there is no reason for you to post in this thread again. You may use PMs or better yet, just talk to us in chat to see what happens from that point.

Thank you for taking the time to apply.

Last edited by Blaeu on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Combo_Breaker
CarbonizerMK16
CarbonizerMK16
Combo_Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:35 pm

1. PU 2. TEC 3. GLR

To be honest, I think I'm a little better at TO because I like staying back and guarding the ASE better than retrieving it. I think I do a pretty good job at defending the ASE.

Everyday BUT I cannot play later than 10:00 Central. However on Friday and Saturdays I can play as late as I want.

4. What is your best weapon and weapon set. What is your worst weapon and weapon set. Explain why.

My best weapon set would have to be Close Combat because I'm good with the WP and its easiest for me to get kills with... After doing a 1v1 with Blaeu, I figure that I am by far, worst with Human weapon set. My USP needs some work.

Best: Warehouse and Streets because I like small areas where it is easy to find people.
Worst: Complex and Sanctum because I don't like bigger areas too much. However I can deal with them.

6. Can you play as a team and follow orders given to you (the correct answer is yes, but an example would be nice)?

Yessir. Mr. Blaeu. However I'll let others decide to judge me on that. I can usually take orders without to much of a problem.

Thank You for your consideration.

Last edited by Combo_Breaker on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I made a small but noticeable mistake. And it had some spacing issues)
Back to top Go down
thezachster
Scarab Hunter
Scarab Hunter
thezachster

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:46 pm

First of all... I want everyone to know that me joining/not making PU will not effect anything here with how everything runs. I will feal the same bout everyone regardless weather im accepted or weather im rejected horriblly And sorry for all the spelling mistakes.

1) PU
2)TEC
3)GLR

I'm probobly better at TR most likely because i thats what i play most. I know good stratagies in TR and work well with others. I am not good at TO mainly because i don't play it enough with skilled players. I mainly need to learn the fundamentals on where to stay and such.

I am available Friday-Sun mostly and occasionally on weakdays https://blaeusposse.darkbb.com/general-conversation-f3/my-new-time-schedule-due-to-school-t96.htm

My best weapon set is Drudge probobly. My best weapon is the SR most likely although im good with others. The SR is great because it makes a great sniper and also can be used in mid range combat or even close range effectively.
My worst weapon is probably the De-atomizer. I am never able to hit correctly with it and have trouble landing shots for kills.My worst Set is probably Trust then because of the starter as the de-atomizer.

My best 2 maps are probobly Sanctum and Streets. Sanctum is one of my best because i know the pathways and stratagies to go along with them. Also Streets is one of my best because i can utilize sniping from garages/base or infiltrating throught garages.

My worst 2 maps are probably complex and Warehouse. I don't like complex because it has too many passageways and the radar is hard to manage. I am not good at Warehouse as much because when i am on the ground and the opp. is on the catwalk. i find it hard to kill them/ get solid shots on them.

Yes i can. I play with you guys regulerly so all those are examples. I can react quickly and use wiispeak to its fullest by explaining where i am and tactics

Thank you for reading this and i hope you take my application under consideration.

Thanks in advance
Zach

PS. Sorry for the spelling mistakes.
Back to top Go down
StarWolf
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 pm

First off I want to say that, yes, I do have WiiSpeak. I also want to say that this application is for next season (beginning Oct. 1st). I am going to finish what I started with TEC, but seeing as we will no play another season due to inactivity, I decided to look for a new team and I see PU as my top option.

1:

1. PU
2. TEC
3. GLR or CF (CF is underrated)

2:

TO. I just feel like it's more organized and everyone has their own roles. I believe that TO is more strategic than TR and I find myself a sort of tactical player.

3:

I'm almost always free Fri-Sun from about 1pm - 11pm. I'm also available on weeknights when I don't have too much homework.

4:

Best weapon is Strike Rifle and best set is Drudge because of Strike, Warp, and occasionally USP. I love the strike rifle because it's so versatile. I'm very comfortable using the SR for close and mid-range as well as scoping for long range.

Worst weapon is Deatomizer and worst set is Trust. I just don't use the Deatom enough to get used to it, I normally tend to use the pistol in sets that spawn with Deatom. However, I'm willing to improve it if Trust or Long Range is A favorite of PU.

5:

Best two maps are Infirmary and Complex. I like Infirmary because of the long hallways for sniping or the smaller rooms for close encounters. I like Complex especially for TO because of all of the different floors of the level and different setups that can be used accordingly.

Least favorite two maps are Pentagon and Warehouse. I just think Pentagon is too big of a map for anything less than 5v5, and it just seems like a long hallway. Warehouse, I believe, is unbalanced because of the advantage players on the top floor have over the players on the bottom because of less cover and it's kind of hard to access since there is only 1 ramp that leads up that way.

6:

Yes, I kind of took the team captain position as leader of TEC, but now that I could have the opportunity of playing with other teammates with WiiSpeak, I'm ready to get bossed around. Razz

I feel like I am a good team player and I'm always asking myself if what I'm doing is going to overall help or harm my team's score (i.e. rushing in on a group of 3 only to get killed might not be the best decision).

Thanks for your time, I feel like I can contribute to PU now that TEC will be done with my communication, individual skill, tactics, and strategy.
Back to top Go down
incognito3
Warp Pistol
Warp Pistol
incognito3

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:26 pm

1.PU (obvious) 2.The elite conection 3.grand level rapers

probably TO becuase i like the difference in strategy compared to TR.

all summer and all weekends not in summer.

Human is probably my best weapon set becuase i like the pistol,MP5,and the SCAR alot
my least favorite weapon set would be chargebles becuase it doesnt get picked enough when i play The Conduit.

streets and complex are my two best maps becuase of the mostly not tight quarters and they are chosen alot
infirmary and pentagon i dont like becuase pentagon is WAY to big and infirmary is too close quarters.

yeah i follow orders pretty much all the time unless i dont agree then i work it out with the captain or if its something way too stupid like rushing a group of people who all of spas then i try to come up with another idea but i always follow orders other than that.
Back to top Go down
GrapeJuice
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 12:02 am

i have wii speak

1.PU
2.MOB
3.FC

im better at TR because i mostly play that and i can never play TO with a good team that works together when tryin to retrieve the ase.

at the moment im available almost all of the time but my school schedule changes every couple week i cant really give an exact schedule.

i cant really say i have a best weapon im very versatile with and weapon but my weakest wepon is probably the hive cannon because i dont ever really use it.

my 2 best maps are streets for it building design and complex because well it manny floor design. i think my 2 weakest are pentagon because it long and im not fond of long maps with small groups of ppl, and thats my only bad map.

im always for team work i think its always neccesary for a win or just playing i never really have a team to play with constantly so i have to work with new people all the time so i change up strategies alot.
Back to top Go down
Prolific
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Well unlike the tremendous buttkissing I saw earlier I would say BA, TEC, and CF
Neither. I try to be balanced.
evenings and weelends est.
Well this I dont know. Probabaly Human or Drudge with Near/Far pretty close. Explosives is my worst only because I hate it so much
Warehouse, Streets. Bunker, Complex.

Well if not I wouldn't be here.

Blaeu I am here to apply FLawless and possibly myself. Not sure taht I will leave SoL.
Back to top Go down
.(Dot)
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 am

1. PU
2. CF2
3. GLR

2. I am better at TR because that is what I play most of the time. I Don't often get the opportunity to play with a team that can communicate and play together in TO.

3. Everyday, almost anytime and I am easy to reach and could play with a few minutes notice. If I make the team I will let you know how to reach me.

4. Best- USP45, Human- Can (and most of the time do) unload USP quicker than the MP5 and my reticule wont even move. Also good with the SCAR. The USP's weakness is when it meets up with a charged weapon wielded by a skilled opponent. No charged weapons in Human set makes the USP stand out for me.
Worst- SMAW, Explosives- Don't like them and very seldom use them.
I am good with all weapons except power(never pick them up) and the TPC.

5. Best- Streets, Warehouse- Small but lots of open space, and that fits my style of being a strong midrange player.
Worst- Bunker, Sanctum- Both are too big and are set up for sniping and close combat. Neither are good for midrange. I can play all maps effectively though.

6. The team play/teamwork is what I want to play Tcon for. I am ex military, I have no problems following orders. I enjoy following strong leadership and being part of the team.
Back to top Go down
eastabunney
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 pm

1.pu 2.glr 3.bounty hunters

i would have to say tr because every match in to i have never had cover so that forces me to stay back and guard our ase. the reason i am better at tr is because i am a good sniper and i am also good with close range and helping others out.

my general availability in tcon is anyday that i dont have homework and i am on the mirc chat or chat here and on fridays saturdays and sundays when i am not reading at football games or at a dance.

my best weapon in tcon is either scar or spas and weapon set would be near/far because i am good at sniping and close ranged combat. my worst weapon set is either drudge or trust because half of the trust weapons and drudge weapons i am not too good with since i suck at shooting with charged weapons such as the drudge pistol.

my best two maps are pentagon and streets because they are good places for me to get close ranged weapon kills and snipe at. my two worst are probably warehouse and infirmary because infirmary is too crowded and every time that i would go around a corner i would like get killed and warehouse because i hardly every play it.

yes, i can and my example is when a friend/team mate yells through wii speak get your a** over here and help me im dying
Back to top Go down
Ghandi
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 pm

*I do not have Wii Speak, but i can easily get it if it is necessary*

1. TEC
2. GLR
3. CF

2. Are you better at TR or TO and why?

I would say that I am better an TR because I am one of those people who enjoys trying to get as many kills as possible. In terms of TO, I may not be a good ASE carrier, but I can be very useful when an area needs to be cleared out or if the ASE carrier needs protection.

Any time on weekends, but I have a tight weekday schedule, therefore I can't always play on weekdays, but sometimes can.

My best weapon is the spas 12 because when added to well timed jumps, melee attacks, and nade throws, you can confuse the enemy (especially when they are in groups), and in that small moment of confusion, the spas 12 can make quick work of them. My favorite weapon sets are the Near/Far set and the Trust set, because you start with my 4 best weapons in them. My least favorite weapon is either the carbonizer or the strike rifle. The carbonizer because I find it hard to predict exactly how the enemy is going to move and I don't really know why with the striker rifle-I'm just not that good with it. My least favorite set is explosives because in my opinion, it requires little skill and Just isn't fun to me. Not that I'm bad at it, I just don't like it.

Best: My two best maps are the Warehouse and The Streets because they are relatively small and there is a lot of chances to get kills there.

Worst: Bunker... That's really the only one I don't like because though I have played there at least a hundred times, I still have no idea where the shotgun is and the only time i will get it is when i kill someone who has it. This is annoying because there are lost of small spaces where a shotgun would be useful.

I do not have Wii Speak, so I am not very experienced in this, but I probably would be able to follow orders easily and in matches, I usually try to make decisions that will benefit the team

Thanks for reading-Ghandi
Back to top Go down
Brianson
Noob
Noob
Brianson

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:19 pm

GLR,F5,TEC

2. Are you better at TR or TO and why?

TO is my preference, Although I am comfortable with both. I like the dditional
challenge of taking the ASE for my team. I am very good at all phases of working
my way through the enemy base, grabbing the ASE and skillfully maneuvering to
complete the capture. I also like the rush of protecting teammates while they are
in the process of capture.

Monday - Friday: 6:30 - 9:30 central (PM)
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 - 9:00 central(PM)

Near/Far and Human Wepon Set is my best because I am good with my USP,SCAR and
SPAS. My worst is Trust because my detomizer needs a little work.

Two Best
1) Warehouse
2) Pentagon

I like the challenge of maneuvering through the rooms.

Two Worst
1) Bunker
2) Infirmary

At the Infirmary, the tight quarters make it difficult to fight multiple people at the same
time.

Bunker, is great for my sniping and close range skills, just not a favorite map.

Yes

I am absolutely a team player. Positive direction is always acceptable.

* Yes, I do have a Wii Speak, sometimes it is a distraction and I usually do not use it.

Thank you for your consideration,

Brianson
Back to top Go down
Fallen
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Honestly, E, PU, GcA (sorta nooby half of there wins were nooby)

I think I;m better at TO because I ahve skill carrying the ase back and knowing how to defend myself 1v1 with ase.

On the weekends and weekdays after 5:30 pst mainly. Sometimes earlier.

My best would be Near Far since i play with it alot and im used to the shotung and scar. Worst would be explosives. Who likes explosives?

Infirmiry and Streets since I love close range with the shotty.
Worst are pentagon and warehouse since those 2 maps I tend to do worse on.

Well yes I can, especially if we're in a war. I dont know what you mean by examples but I can say that several times I have followed someones orders in wars and we have successfully won. Suck as one game in sanctum we used a special strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying   Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offical topic for PU recruitment -- Please read before replying
Page 1 of 1