Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas

Go down 
+6
ICEMAN
Grrrnade
Krimbo
Ryudo Dragoon
SA_X_mk2
Blaeu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 pm

I know it is a bold idea, but I want to try it anyway. We have so many people now, but have yet to have a true 6v6 match. Although that is my goal, 5v5 or 4v4 will be acceptable, but they have to be even teams.

I would like to host a 6v6 TO game this Saturday. The day and specific time have not been decided yet as we would obviously have to find a time where 12 people can all get online and play. I would also like to have subs in case one of the selected players cannot make it.

I would like to play three matches. One in the Complex, one In the Pentagon, and one in the Bunker. This assumes that it is 6v6, if we have less we may have to change the maps.

I would also like to have a pre-decided weapon set for each level. I would like feedback on this, but ultimately I will decide. I'm considering Human, Drudge, Near / Far, and Chargables. I want the sets to be balanced and have both close and long range weapons.

About the teams, I want to pick the teams ahead of time as well. I want everyone to know who they are playing with, what levels they are playing on, and with what weapon set before I actually host the game.

If you are interested in playing, please let me know in this topic. Also, post what times you can play this Saturday. I also want feedback on weapon sets and which levels that should be used on.

My goal is to make fair teams, so I might need help with that. I will make a "part 2" to this topic once I know exactly what levels and weapons we will be using. If I cannot get 11 other people to commit to this, I will have to down scale it and I will let you know what the effects.
Back to top Go down
SA_X_mk2
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4
SA_X_mk2

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Damn, I'd REALLY love to join, but I'll be away camping this week-end if the weather is nice. Although, really, I don't want to be gone the entire week-end, but meh...
Back to top Go down
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Maybe... even though I dislike TO. :S
And please not Pentagon, Bunker is okay, but please no Pentagon. e.e
Back to top Go down
http://bunneh.darkbb.com
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Pentagon is far from my favorite, but I'm trying to think of maps that can fit two, six person teams well.

Sanctum is too small due to where the ASEs are placed. Streets could be fun, but very hectic. Same with infirmary.

I actually was going to say Complex only, but I figured most people would get tired of that.

It has been so slow today so far though that I'm not sure if we will get enough people to play.

Also, I'm not a TO fan either, but I wanted to try it out with a lot of people as it seems like it would be much more fun in a large group.
Back to top Go down
Krimbo
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:02 pm

I'll be able to play, hopefully. And I'm not sure about Pentagon. No one really ever scores durring TO with that map, Especially with a bunch of good players.
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Okay, give me suggestions though. Complex is great for large teams, bunker is too (I don't like bunker, but I don't hate it).

Pentagon is as well, but people hate it. Where should our third match be? Should we double up? Should we play streets? You guys are the ones playing it, tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:08 pm

I say Complex, Streets, Bunker, and then Infirmary. :§
Back to top Go down
Krimbo
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Yeah, that sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm

I am good with that. Four games.

1. Bunker
2. Streets
3. Complex
4. Infirmary

In that order. I need a weapon set for all. Here are my thoughts.

Bunker -- Drudge or Chargeable
Streets -- Human or Drudge
Complex -- Near / Far (it just seems to fit)
Infirmary -- Human or Close Combat

I know CC wasn't on the list before, but it fits the infirmary level well. I would like no repeat weapon sets.

Also, I was running some numbers. If we end up playing 5v5 or 4v4 nothing will change. 3v3 we will not do Complex nor Bunker. Instead we will do Warehouse and Sanctum. We will not play less than a 3v3.

Honestly, I don't want to play a 3v3, but if the five other people still want to do a TO game, I will play because I'm cool like that.
Back to top Go down
Grrrnade
Scientist
Scientist
Grrrnade

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:38 pm

i wish i could play on saturday but im helping my brother move into DC then im heading up to NYC to be with my other brother for his birthday for an entire week.
Back to top Go down
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:45 pm

I say(in the order of the maps Blue posted) Drudge, Human, Near/Far, and then Chargeable. :s
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:25 pm

I'll be here to play if we get a specific time and Idc maps or sets I play anything.
Back to top Go down
Warr!0r
TPC Launcher
TPC Launcher
Warr!0r

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm interested, but a set time would help me confirm whether or not I can play. so for the moment, count me in as a sub.
Back to top Go down
WnByDfault
Hive Cannon
Hive Cannon
WnByDfault

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:39 pm

i'll probably be able to join this. depends what time it's at.
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Just found out I can only do like early afternoon games on saturday
Back to top Go down
Combo_Breaker
CarbonizerMK16
CarbonizerMK16
Combo_Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Sounds like a fun idea I'm definately in I don't care what kind of games we play.
Back to top Go down
Pure
TPC Launcher
TPC Launcher
Pure

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm

I should be able to play, whats the time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas   Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Specific 6v6 TO Match this Saturday -- Part 1: Ideas
Page 1 of 1