Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams

Go down 
+8
The Shader
Krimbo
Foster
Ryudo Dragoon
SafetyFist
Pike1337
ICEMAN
Blaeu
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Empty
PostSubject: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Thank you all for signing up for BAP's first 2v2 Random Partners Tournament. We were lucky enough to get 16 people to sign up which equals 8 teams, probably the easiest bracket to ever make.

Game Format

This is a single elimination tournament. This means a team would have to win three rounds straight. Each round will be a best 2 out of 3, Quick Match. The first game has a pre-determined weapon set and map. After that game the loser will pick both the weapon set and map. First team to win two games is the winner of that round.

You will have a few days to get you games played and post the results. The specific details for each round will be given when that round begins.

The Rules

1. All weapon ATs are allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, the Shotgun Cancel, Charge Hold, and the Carbonizer weapon switch.

2. No map glitches are allowed. This included, but is not limited to, getting on the roof of the Streets, and both in the Bunker.

3. No Explosives Weapon set selection, and no random.

4. All matches are to be Quick Matches

5. If someone disconnect within the first five minutes, start over. If the same person does it again, that team loses. If a player disconnects after the five minute mark, that teams loses. If both teams agree, they can start over, but only if they agree.

6. Practice matches can be held, but not against the team you have been assigned to compete against in the tournament. If your opponent has not been assigned, you can play anyone.

The Teams

I have drawn names from a hat to randomize these teams. People may, or may not have Wii Speak. The skill level of the players all differ, and what people are good or bad with is different as well. Your goal will be to learn this information about your partner, and work together to be a good 2v2 team. I am going to assign a number to each team, that number is the order in which I drew the names.

Team 1:
Krimbo
mac

Team 2:
Iceman
Wnby

Team 3:
Punchout
Grrrnade

Team 4:
Papercup
Foster

Team 5:
TFS
Blaeu

Team 6:
Ryudo
Flame

Team 7:
Shader
Pike

Team 8:
Sand
Warrior

These are your teams. Do your best.

Other Information

Please discuss strategy freely on our chatbox. Besides being a competition, this is a learning experience and sharing strategy is encouraged.

Also, the first match for round one will be the Human Weapon set in the Streets. Round one will begin this Friday. I will restate all of this in a "round one" thread I will create tomorrow which will list the match ups. Until then please meet with your teammate, get in a few games if you can, and discuss any strategy you will need prior to you match.

If you have any questions please either post here or find me in the chat box. Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
ICEMAN
Therm-mite Hunter
Therm-mite Hunter
ICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Sweet I can't wait Time to strategize with wnby
Back to top Go down
Pike1337
Scrub
Scrub
Pike1337

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Sweet, don't know who Shader is, but I'll be happy to work with him.
Back to top Go down
SafetyFist
Strike Rifle
Strike Rifle
SafetyFist

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Cool, ryudo is my partner Surprised
Back to top Go down
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Team 8 looks tough. :0
Let's go Flame, we have to show what we got. >=D
Back to top Go down
http://bunneh.darkbb.com
Foster
SCAR
SCAR
Foster

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Hey papercup, I don't think I've met you before. Gald to be working with you though.

Got wii speak?
Back to top Go down
Krimbo
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Alright, looks like Mac's my partner. I haven't seen him today though. Well if you read this, we need to start strategizing and practicing. Also Pike, you have the greatest sig ever lol
Back to top Go down
The Shader
Scrub
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:34 am

alright, good to see the tourney's moving on. cant wait.

i dont think i played with pike ever so... hope he comes around soon. i'll try an get on more often, lately my older brother has been glued to his 360 after he fixed it. but it shouldnt be a problem.
Back to top Go down
mac
MP5
MP5
mac

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:06 am

Sorry Krimbo, I've been as sick as a dog all week. But I'm feeling quite better now so I should be in good shape for this tourney. Hopefully I catch you on later today.

Also, Team 6 and Team 8 are the toughest of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Pike1337
Scrub
Scrub
Pike1337

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

Yo Shader, what time zone you live in so we can practice together?
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:42 am

Bracket Test

Round 1

Code:

Team X: -----                                      ----- :Team X
              |                                  |
              -------                      ------
              |      |                    |      |
Team X: -----        |                    |        ----- :Team X
                      -------      ------- 
              -------                      -------

Semi-Finals

Code:

-Team X-                      -Team X-
                      -------      ------- 

Finals:

Code:

-Team X-      -Team X- 
Back to top Go down
Pike1337
Scrub
Scrub
Pike1337

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
xXsandXx
MP5
MP5
xXsandXx

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Yeah sounds great, i hope there are no "disputes" on wins.. i wanna know the policy for that blaeu, cus if i need to i'll record my games.. i dont like to get screwed over
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:34 pm

I really cannot see anyone disputing a game if they are in BAP. However, I will deal with it on a case by case situation.

The only thing I can really see being a problem is lag. If someone is lagging I suggest changing hosts to see if that works. If not, reschedule. If it continues to happen, the lagging team loses.
Back to top Go down
Grrrnade
Scientist
Scientist
Grrrnade

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 pm

sweet i got punch
Back to top Go down
Combo_Breaker
CarbonizerMK16
CarbonizerMK16
Combo_Breaker

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:14 pm

ARGH!! I'm missing out on the fun Sad .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams   A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A 2v2 Random Partner Tourny -- Part 2: The Rule and Teams
Page 1 of 1