Blaeu's Awesome Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse

Now being used for Conduit 2, check the Xat chat in the Portal to see who's on.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGameFAQs

Focus: Human Weapon Set

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

Focus: Human Weapon Set Empty
PostSubject: Focus: Human Weapon Set   Focus: Human Weapon Set Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Disclaimer: This is a trial run of a feature or event I would like to start here at BAP. Not everything will be as clear as it should be at the start due to this. Please understand that although I am taking this trial seriously, there may be issues that need to be worked out. Thank you.

Being that this is the first Focus I have started, let me tell you what a Focus is. A Focus is where, as a group, we focus on a specific weapon set or map and learn how to use it to the best of our abilities. Some people may need help more than others, and I encourage those who are good at / with the topic of the Focus to help others. That is kind of the point.

There are three parts to a Focus.

Part 1: Playing the game. For a Focus on the Human Weapon set, we could play on any map, but we would only select the Human Weapon set to use. We should try to play on all of the maps so we can learn how to be use this weapon set on each map. If it were a Focus on the Bunker, we could select any weapon set, but we would always play in the Bunker. We would not play all the games at once, the Focus will last some time.

Part 2: The Chatbox. We would want to discuss and share our experiences, trials, and overall strategy with each other. Answer questions for people, discuss ideas to try in the next Focus game we play, etc. Pretty much how we use it now, but on topic of the Focus.

Part 3: The Focus Thread. That would be this thread. Instead of just saying things like "good idea," or, "what is this crap," just don't. Keep all posts related to the use of the topic of the Focus. If you are really good with the USP, then tell us your strategy. If you can use the Shotgun Cancel AT very well, tell us how. I want to keep the thread streamlined so that in the future, people can go to the thread and learn all they can about whatever the topic of that Focus was.

That basically sums it up. If you have any questions just ask me in the chatbox. The next post would be like the first post for any future Focus thread I create, as it will not need this sort of introduction. So, please do not post yet. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Blaeu
Map Maker
Map Maker
Blaeu

PostSubject: Re: Focus: Human Weapon Set   Focus: Human Weapon Set Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Focus: Human Weapon set.

The Human Weapon set is played often in public games, but more than that is the abundance of human weapons in all of the weapon sets. This is why I have selected the Human Weapon set to be the topic of our first Focus.

Let me introduce the Human Weapon set to you:

MP5 -- This is the first weapon you start with. It is an automatic weapon that has a 32 bullet clip. We have all used it and know that it is very strong up close and can kill quickly, however the small clip size and abundance of better weapons have pushed this weapon to the bottom of our list.

USP45 -- The second starting weapon, an incredible power pistol. With an 18 bullet clip, semi-automatic fire, and the fastest reload speed of any weapon, this weapon is almost over powered. Some people can snipe with this weapon across then entire map, lets hope they tell us how.

SPAS -- The third weapon in this set, and a powerful one at that. The weapon has a OSKO at close range and one of the best ATs in the game currently. It cannot be used at long range, but if you can close in on your target, they should be scared. It normally holds 8 shells and has a very slow reload time. Always keep an eye on your ammo so you never have to reload it in a fire fight.

SCAR -- The fourth weapon is a long range weapon. This is basically your "sniper rifle," although it really is not. If fires three round bursts and can kill in a single burst if all three bullets hit the head. Best used at long range as it has a scope that can be used. Some people will use this weapon in a mid range fire fight, but the gun itself will usually lose to the USP.

SMAW -- The fifth and final weapon is the power weapon of this set. A rocket launcher that can hold one rocket loaded and seven in reserve. It has the potential to be a OSKO if the rocket exploded close enough to your target. I can be hard to aim, and if you miss it takes time to load another rocket.

Frags -- This is the only grenade in the Human weapon set. You start with three and each one can bounce off of the wall or floor before hitting its target. Be aware that a frag will explode if it hits a corpse.

Alright, this is what we are working with. Our goal is to have each of us become better as using all five of these weapons. We also should understand how they work so we can defend against them. It is important to now what five weapons are in this set as individual weapons can become better or worse depending on what they have to go up against.

Most times when the Human set is selected it is a race to the SMAW. Even if you do not want to use it, it is better you have it and "store" it than allow someone else to get it and start racking up kills. Learn where the power weapon spawns in each map and be there first.

Once the SMAW issue has been resolved (one way or another), it is about getting the weapons you need and a good position. If you want to be in a close range, you better get the SPAS. Only other SPAS users and Frags can beat you at that range.

Mid range is all about the USP and SCAR while long range will focus on the SCAR. The MP5 is the best close range weapon you have unless someone has the SPAS, and the SMAW can beat anything at any range if you do not miss.

Also, keep in mind that this is the only weapon set that only has one type of grenade, the frag. This is important because you will never have to worry about being stuck, or blinded by an enemy. This also means most players will have six frags on them, so adjust accordingly.

I'm going to wrap up the intro at this point and let the Focus begin.
Back to top Go down
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: Focus: Human Weapon Set   Focus: Human Weapon Set Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:28 am

Most people need to learn when to use the USP and when to MP5. :0
Back to top Go down
http://bunneh.darkbb.com
WnByDfault
Hive Cannon
Hive Cannon
WnByDfault

PostSubject: Re: Focus: Human Weapon Set   Focus: Human Weapon Set Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm

ryudo could you tell me what your sensitivity is set to? when we were playing teams you raped with it, so just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Tony90908
DeatomizerMK4
DeatomizerMK4

PostSubject: Re: Focus: Human Weapon Set   Focus: Human Weapon Set Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:09 am

all people need to do is get headshots with the USP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Focus: Human Weapon Set   Focus: Human Weapon Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Focus: Human Weapon Set
Page 1 of 1